Enter the Famous Monsters Cosplay Contest for the chance to win prizes and the public’s admiration!
The contest is limited to the first 100 entries by 3pm Saturday.
Please be sure that you read and understand the rules.
1. Registration is at the Halloween Cosplay Contest Table on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. If you are entering with a group, all members must be present at the time you register for the contest. You may not add to your group after you have registered. Every adult in the group must read and sign the rules at the time they register. Individuals cannot enter with more than one group, or solo in addition to a group. Participants will receive their lineup number when they lineup for the competition.
2. We prefer that cosplay/costumes are handmade by you or someone you know. If costumes are “store bought” they will only be considered for presentation-related awards. If you have made major alterations or adaptations to a purchased item it could be considered for construction. It is expected that some costumes may include minor elements which were purchased. If it looks like regular clothing, it’s not a costume (Special exceptions may be allowed by the contest staff, but the need must be explained at the time of registration, so bring references if you are unsure.) Your costume can be from any genre/source material or an original design.
3. This contest is walk-on only. We suggest preparing 3 different poses to hold for 3-5 seconds each so that the press and fans can get lots of photos of you before you leave the stage. There will be no microphones or specialized audio for skits.
4. Contestants must agree to allow video recording and photography of their costumes and/or presentation for use by Famous Monsters for future use. This may include publication on web sites, in newspapers, programs, posters, flyers, etc. Compensation for such use will not be provided. Contestants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian consent to sign a permission form at registration.
5. For safety reasons, no messy substances or anything that may pose a danger is allowed on stage. This includes bubbles, (dripping) fake blood, glitter explosions, and real fire, amongst other things. If it goes on stage with you, it must leave the stage with you. Please remember, no shooting, throwing or hitting anyone or anything with objects or weapons on or off stage. All weapons must be approved by Staff before going on stage. The Contest staff does not like surprises; anything unusual must be fully explained at registration or the entry may be disqualified.
6. The following prizes will be awarded to the top entries in the contest (prizes may be added or removed from this list at the discretion of the judges and Famous Monsters): Best in Show, Best Group Costume, Best Family Costume, Best Individual Costume (youth and adult), Best Horror Costume (youth and adult), Best Character Portrayal, and Best Makeup. Honorable Mentions might also be given to entries worthy of recognition that don’t qualify for the other prizes at the discretion of the judges.
7. Costumes should be PG rated, as this is a family event and Famous Monsters Contest staff reserves the right to determine what is potentially inappropriate.
8. Please don’t include or encourage any audience participation. Do not invite audience members to join you on stage, or request any action from them, etc. This will result in immediate disqualification. Entrants will not be held responsible for spontaneous audience reactions such as clapping, shouting, etc.
Thursday 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Friday 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Show Floor Hours
Friday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
*Screenings and After Hours events continue
After Hours Events
Friday 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Become an Exhibitor for FM Halloween Convention 2017
Volunteer for FM Halloween Convention 2017
FAMOUS MONSTERS is throwing the Halloween Bash of the year! Mingle with cult film stars, moan around in monster gear, have a meeting of the minds with your favorite artist, or just sit back and take in the fun (...err, chaos). We’re also planning a few surprises based on original material from American Gothic Press that should scare you witless! It’s a Monster World out there, and you can find the best of it at FM’s Halloween Convention.